In the domain of the the World Wide Web that is.
Recently, my spare time is made up of a series of alt-tabbing, muse hunting, reading, and blogging. If my face is not buried behind a good book, my eyes are fixated on some lifestyle or fashion blog. My aimless online wandering usually results in a tab cue that stretches out like the Nile – you would think that my browser was taunting my laptop to crash. There’s a lot of fish in the sea, but I’m faithful to 5 (my commitment issues end here, of course). Here’s a shortlist of my personal favorites:
1. Manrepeller – It’s a collective dumpsite for fashion puns, and quirky articles like “How (not) to Instagram Your Relationship”, “What Would You Wear if You Were Marrying Yourself?”, and “What’s Your Selfie Face”. It’s food for the humor-and-sarcasm-seeking soul.
Leandra Medine’s typical “man repelling” habits.
2. Alyssa Lapid – She once wrote a love letter to her Valentino heels, and though it seems superficial to broadcast your sentiments to your designer stilettos, i’ll exempt her from such judgment given the caliber of her story-telling prowess. I love her travel diaries too!
Alyssa in a tweety crop top and a high-waist denim skirt ensemble. She makes the 90’s look so timeless.
3. Wild Spirit – I fell in love with Camie Juan’s blog during my Tumblr heydays (back when she had Ariel-red hair). Usually, I don’t understand the millenial mermaid hair trend but on her, it somehow manages to make complete sense (synonymous with my sentiments towards Birkenstocks and how it might as well look like Cinderella’s glass slipper on Miranda Kerr but I, however, think it’s outrageously ugly and should have stayed in the 90’s).
4. Style Bible – The online counterpart of Preview magazine which I read religiously. When I’m done devouring the newest monthly issue, this is where I hover over when I need my usual fashion fix and trendspotting.
Liza Soberano is a vision in this coming August’s cover.
5. The Blonde Salad – Chiara Ferragni is a personal lifestyle and fashion blogger based in France who turned her passion into a money-making machine is now considered as one of the powerhouses of millennial fashion. She even collaborated with Steve Madden to make a shoe line in her namesake! She is totally the poster image of THE dream (well, my dream to be exact).
Chiara makes the junkshop look like one hot mess.
I don’t know about you, but these sure beat reading “17 things you have to do before you turn 30” or whatever self-help identity crisis article you find on Elite Daily.